7.01.2013

One.

Chambray shirt: Old Navy Skirt: Old Navy Shoes: Target Belt: Target Necklace: Gift

It's here!  The 30x30 that Inge and I are taking on together is finally here!  I have been wanting to do this for a while, and it feels great to have a friend alongside me.  Be sure to check out Inge's blog as well to follow along with her.

I love this skirt, but I feel like pencil skirts are often not flattering on my body, which makes them hard to style sometimes.  My chambray shirt seemed to be a good fit, since it's a little looser and forgiving, but just the shirt and skirt together made me look a little boxy and plain.  I tried tucking in my shirt, but it was bunchy and looked weird.  Instead, I tried to define my waist a little more by adding a belt - it almost adds a peplum kind of silhouette...and I like it!  I have always loved the look of a skinny belt around the waist on other people, but I'm kind of squishy and feel like it emphasizes that.  However, I'm trying hard to step outside of my comfort zone and accept my body the way it is, so here you have it!

I hope you all had a great weekend!  I finished two summer classes on Friday, so I was able to relax and "play" guilt-free all weekend long!  It felt awesome.  I caught up on blogs, watched Monsters Inc and then went to the theater to see Monsters University, and had time to cook some food instead of just grabbing whatever was in my fridge.  This week is going to be awesome, with hardly any obligations.  I've needed this break for a while, and I'm super happy to be getting it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment