6.03.2013

Coral Blazer!!!

Tee: Old Navy Blazer: Gap Pants: NY&C Flats: Payless Necklace: From Mom

I'm so excited to finally be wearing my coral blazer!  It's comfortable, bright, and fits me perfectly.  I usually don't shop at Gap (even though I love their stuff) because it's a little on the pricey end for me (yes, I'm super cheap and have a tight budget), but I got this one for a steal.  I hope you all like it, because you'll be seeing it frequently!!

I was thinking over the weekend about how my style has changed since I started reading blogs.  I've been reading blogs for three years or so, and I have grown so much in my personal style.  I'm starting to define who I am more, and figure out what I like, what works for me, and what doesn't work for me.  Three years ago, I never would have worn a blazer...and a colorful blazer would have been out of the question.  This is my fourth blazer, and my second colored one!  Even in the nearly six months I've been blogging, I'm not sure I would have been daring enough to wear this blazer.

However, the encouragement, feedback, support, and inspiration I've gotten from all of you have all helped me to try new things.  Thank you for helping me expand my boundaries...while narrowing my style focus at the same time.  Rather than trying out all the things, I'm trying different iterations of those things that are most "me."  You still won't catch me dead in a high-low skirt or dress (despite my love affair with dresses and skirts), in peplum (looks terrible on me), or high heels (OUCH), but I've been branching out with different colors, patterns, and silhouettes and feeling more comfortable with my personal style.

THANK YOU for helping me grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment