5.14.2013

Day Fourteen: 10 Things I Love about Life


Tee: Target Shorts: Old Navy Shoes: Born Necklace: F21

It's going to be 95 degrees here today...WHAT.  I've already shared my disdain for shorts, and while I really don't want to be wearing them today, it's too hot not to.  And I'm pretty sure a flowy dress or skirt is just a play toy for a puppy, so I decided to just suck it up and wear one of my new pairs of shorts.  I still don't love the way they look on me - slightly snug in the waist and the leg holes are huge, but whatever...they're as good as it will get, I fear.  I love these dressy tees from Target, too.  The material is soft, and I love this bright teal color.

Today, I'm sharing with you a list of 10 things that make me happy.  Here they are, in no particular order.
  1. Kevin!  He is my perfect partner.  We are so, so different from each other in many ways, but we just work together.  He is super funny and makes me laugh all the time.
  2. Painting.  It is so fun to have a hobby like this, where I can just sit quietly or with a podcast or playlist of favorite tunes and create something.
  3. Singing.  I love, love, love to sing, especially with other people.  Singing in a small group or a duet is my absolute favorite.  When you sing with someone whose voice blends beautifully with yours, there's almost nothing better.
  4. Dogs!  I especially love our little Pippin.  She is quirky and sweet and snuggly and sassy, and she is the best companion ever.  Also, I'm loving little Delia, our foster pup, right now.  She's a great little puppy, and I am excited to help her find her forever home!
  5. Frozen yogurt.  It's just delicious and refreshing!
  6. Minnesota!  I really don't want to get too political on my blog, but I can't NOT talk about this today.  Minnesota became the 12th state in the country to legalize gay marriage yesterday.  I could not be happier - so many of my family and friends will finally have the privileges I do and will be able to marry their loves as well!
  7. Warm, sunny, breezy days.  I'm not much of an outside girl, but on perfect days like that, I just want to sit outside and soak it all in.
  8. My family and friends.  It's so great to know there are people out there who support me and care about me.  And man, do they make me laugh!!
  9. Harry Potter.  I know the series is over, but I absolutely LOVE Harry Potter.  The books are smart and interesting, and pose some fascinating questions.  I have so much respect for JK Rowling.
  10. Telling other people about the positive impact they have had on me.  I know how wonderful it feels to know that I've made a difference in someone else's life, and it means so much to me to pass that along to those who have impacted me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment